Another frequent question that we get from physicians at Call Scheduler is "how do I get my call schedule into my Android phone"? I thought that this might help not only our users but others who are using similar technology. Be sure to follow the directions carefully. If you have any questions you can call us at 877-435-8826.
To Get your call schedule from Call Scheduler into your Android Phone:
1. If you are using Call Scheduler Classic or Lite you are going to need to log-in to the application at login.call-scheduler.com.
2. Navigate to "White Board" and choose "ICalendar Export"
3. Now you should see a red bar that says "Add/Edit iCalendar." Click the Add button at the right end of the bar.
4. This brings you to a list of all of the providers that take call. Choose a name for your calendar in the "Calendar Name box" and uncheck all the boxes except the one by your name.
5. Click the "Save" at the bottom of the screen.
6. Next, on the iCal Export screen, you'll see a link that begins, http://login.call-scheduler.com/ical/....
7. Right-click on that link and select "Copy link location" (Firefox) or "Copy shortcut" (IE).
8. Open your email program and start a "new message" to yourself. In the body of the message, "right-click" and select "paste". You should now see the link in your email message. It should end with ".ics"
9. Click "send" and email the link to yourself.
Now, switch to your Google Calendar Account: (not on your phone,on your computer)
10. Log-in to your google calendar account
11. Once your calendar shows up on screen, navigate to the lower left-hand side of the screen and locate "other calendars". Click on the small grey down arrow and click "add by url".
12. Open the email that you sent yourself with the "iCal link". "right-click" on the ical link and click "copy shortcut"
13. Paste the shortcut into the link location window.
14. Click on the "add calendar" button when you are finished.
15. You will notice that your "new calendar" has been added and displays under the "other calendars". You can choose which color you would like your "on-call" assignments to show up as. I choose green in this example.
16. Within a short time you should see your call schedule on your Google calendar. My call schedule is in green.
18. You're done, if you can see your call schedule in your Google calendar, it is in your Android phone. Locate your calendar on your phone and your schedule should be loaded.
KEY TAKEAWAY: If you are spending time manually entering your on-call assignments into your Android, you don't need to. There is a simple way to automate this process. Remember this is a live subscription, when a change is made to your call schedule at your clinic, it will automatically update your phone!